British Dental Association Good Practice of the Year runner up 2012 and 2008.
Twice in 4 years Smile Style has been judged by the British Dental Association to be the second best dental practice in the UK. We are very proud of the dental care we offer and honoured to achieve such a high accolade not just once now but twice.
Smile Style Awarded Silver Membership
We are celebrating 7 years continous membership of the Bristish Dental Association Good Practice Scheme. Following a practice inspection just before Christmas, that looked at all aspects of the care we provide and measures we take to safeguard you our patients we were please to receive this award.
The Good Practice Award shows that Smile Style is committed to the ten standards of the award from which we have been judged. The BDA looked at:
- Our work systems including communication with specialists, labs, staff contracts and employment law.
- Treatment decisions – how we communicate our assessments to patients and what choices we offer patients.
- Comfort – how is the practice run, do we run on time, sensitivity in dealing with patients
- Health and safety – including maintenance of all our equipment
- Infection control
- Mouth cancer checks – ensuring our clinical staff are qualified to check for oral cancer and carry this procedure out with sensitivity
- Staff training for personal development
- Practice training – from staff inductions, graining leave and general encouragement
- Patient feedback – ensuring we act upon patients remarks and suggestions
- Public protection to ensure all staff act in a professional manner towards patients
2nd Best Practice in the UK as stated by the BDA 15.10.08
Fantastic news… Smile Style has come 2nd in the British Dental Associations Good Practice of the Year 2008! This is an extremely prestigious accolade and is very difficult to achieve let alone come second! We’ve beaten off strong competition from the top London practices and the large corporate companies to achieve second place, having been highly commended by the British Dental Association.
This means so much to us all here at Smile Style. All Richard’s hard work and effort has finally been recognised by an outside body. The judges visited the practice and where amazed at the high standard and prasied us on our ‘inspirational practice’.
Pictured is Jeni Howarth (Richard’s wife) who collected on the behalf of Smile Style the Staffordshire Service 1st award for professional services. This award is given after a visit from a mystery customer who marks the practice against set criteria for customer service. We were really proud to have received the runner up prize after only our first entry to the awards.